I am Natchi Lazarus. In today’s session we are going to look at the 3 big needs of the audience and therefore the 3 big focus areas for your church or ministry.
We are living in an unprecedented time. In a time like this, we need to focus on the audience and give them what they want. All that we know so far about our audience and their online behaviour has changed (well, almost all), thanks to Covid-19. So leaving aside all that we know so far, let us look at the 3 big needs that the online audience have right now. Then I will take you through the 3 big focus areas where your ministry needs to consider spending time on right now.
The 3 Big Needs:
1. People are online, so they need good content.
2. People are fearful, so they need encouragement.
3. People are isolated, so they need community.
The 3 Areas of Focus (for any church or ministry) right now:
1. Content Migration effort from offline to digital – Focus on moving your existing offline content online.
2. Online community building – Focus on creating online communities for a wider audience using platforms like Facebook Groups, and for narrow (smaller) communities, using platforms like WhatsApp Lists/Groups and Messenger Groups.
3. Create a church growth strategy – This situation is not going to last forever. So when this ends and when we get back to normal, would you like to see your church grow? Yes, this is possible.
Simply because of the way social networking on social media channels is designed to function, any good content that people see and engage with, is also seen by their friends and family.
So when you produce good content and promote on social media now, you are not only reaching your ministry audience, but also their friends and family. This gives you a chance right now to make your content appear in front of people who may have never heard of your ministry.
Therefore, this is not only a time to maintain your ministry and keep things going online, but it is a time to think about your church and ministry growth.
Flip the crisis and start thinking creatively. Let me know if I can help you in anyway with the strategies.
If you have any questions on digital social media, leave a comment and ask us. God bless you. Bye.